Last week in Innovation Diploma my group (Brady, Kiki, and Nolan) and I were assigned the corn hole board. At first, Mr. Edwards had to show us where everything is, how to use the tools, and what safety percussions to take in the Agency Workshop. We started with the base and used a miter saw to cut the best measurements. We continued to work on the base and top for the next couple days. I think we were taking our time in the beginning so we had to work quicker towards the end. Nolan and Brady worked on the stand and hole, while Kiki and I worked on the design on the corn hole. I think that Kiki and I hit a roadblock with coming up with the idea. Most designs were either too difficult to work on with the time that we had, or too simple. We tried to sketch a couple of drawing like a tiki statue and a underwater themed drawing, but those didn’t work well. We finally came up with a bee hive pattern, since the space we were working in was called the hive. We used vinyl stickers to stick on the board as stencils with the outlines of hexagons. We had to change some things like the thickness and size but at the end we got them printed. Once the corn hole was completely built, we painted it green. Next we had to paste the hexagon stencil, but there wasn’t enough transfer paper (paper that sticks on to the design that is made and then pasted on where is wanted) so Nolan, Kiki, and I went to the lower school to get some. We pasted the stencil, painted black on top of it, and then ripped the stencil out.
Here is how it turned out:
We hit some roadblocks, but we worked together as a team and finished in time.